WhatsApp marketing is a type of messenger marketing that aims to promote a brand using WhatsApp features. This platform allows you to reach a vast audience, build strong customer relationships and increase sales.
Why A Company Should Do WhatsApp Marketing
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. With the advent of smartphones, WhatsApp messages have replaced the old SMS on most cell phones.
In 2020, its audience reached 2 billion monthly active users. It is also a privileged channel for companies that want to get to developing countries. For example, there are 340 million monthly WhatsApp users in India and nearly 100 million in Brazil.
WhatsApp marketing allows you to stay in touch with your customers: more than half of WhatsApp users check app notifications every day.
This implies that all offers will arrive at their destination and will be read because text messages have an open rate of 98%.
Research shows that customers are very fond of this communication channel. They trust the brand, with chat apps: 53% of people say they would buy from businesses that can be reached via chat. ( Data source )
Advantages Of WhatsApp Marketing For Business
Using the chat communication that a platform like WhatsApp can offer for a company is a precious opportunity to improve its marketing strategy. There are four benefits of utilizing WhatsApp for business promotion. Let’s examine them in detail.
Deep Relationships With Customers
Over 55% of people feel more connected to a brand if they use messaging apps. This makes WhatsApp marketing a safe strategy for building long and deep relationships with customers.
Maintaining this connection, in turn, helps brands cut costs as customer retention is up to 25 times cheaper than acquisition.
WhatsApp offers businesses a wide range of opportunities for personalization. For example, you can send ad hoc welcome messages, special offers, birthday wishes, and so on. Such an approach keeps customers more engaged with a brand – over 70% of consumers say they only engage with personalized marketing messages.
Higher Conversion Rate
Choosing the right channel for the first contact with customers is essential.
People may react badly to phone calls, remaining poorly permeable to emails or social media.
This is precisely the situation where WhatsApp could push potential customers to purchase. Business data says customers respond to 40% of their WhatsApp messages.
Even more interesting is the evidence that messaging, after initial contact with a potential customer, can increase the rate of conversion 112.6%.
Also Read : What Is The Conversion Rate & How To Increase It By Using Content Marketing?
Adding a WhatsApp phone number to a website can result in an additional 27% lead of sale.
As we said earlier, the opportunity to reach a brand through any messaging app instills trust in potential customers. At least 66% feel more optimistic about buying from a business if they are active on messaging services.
Reduction Of Marketing Costs
WhatsApp remains a very convenient marketing channel, which makes this platform attractive for small businesses. To start setting up a WhatsApp strategy, install an app and connect to the Internet.
The chances of the corporate message reaching the customer are very high. On average, a user checks WhatsApp more than 23 times a day.
In summary, WhatsApp marketing generates more conversions, improves sales, builds deep quality relationships with customers, and costs very little in marketing expenses.
How To Use WhatsApp For Business
WhatsApp Business is an app created specifically for the owner of a small business. It allows the company to have an official presence on WhatsApp and provides the tools to communicate more efficiently and quickly with customers, helping the business grow.
To get started, you need a WhatsApp Business account. If the company doesn’t have one yet, follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
How to create a WhatsApp Business account
- Download the WhatsApp Business app for Android or iPhone. It can be found on the App Store or Google Play, or the WhatsApp site ;
- Accept the terms and conditions;
- Enter the phone number of the business;
- Enter the data and details of the company, such as the name of the company, a profile picture, and a category that best describes it;
- In the following steps, you can learn how to configure a product catalog for e-commerce or automated messaging;
- At this point, you can start connecting with your customers using WhatsApp Business messaging to communicate with them.
Four exciting Uses Of WhatsApp Business
But, concretely, how can a small business owner use WhatsApp Business? Let’s see together four features that could help him.
Improve customer service
With a WhatsApp Business account, a company’s customer service can be made more efficient and personalized.
In addition to serving as a channel for direct messaging, WhatsApp Business has several tools that can be used to improve communication with customers.
- Quick responses. You can save your answers to frequently asked questions as templates and set up shortcuts. This will save you the time it would take to type answers to repeating questions. And customers will get their questions answered faster.
- Labels. Labels can be used to organize and classify users and messages. This will allow you to sort messages according to urgency and recognize returning customers.
- Absence messages and greetings. These automatic messages ensure that the customer receives an immediate response, even if you cannot respond. In this way, high response times can be maintained even outside working hours. And it’s easier to communicate with international customers.
Show Products In A Catalog
The WhatsApp Business catalog tool is like a mobile store. It allows customers to browse the products offered without leaving the app.
Here are some features of the WhatsApp Business catalog:
- A maximum of 500 products or services can be uploaded;
- Each product or service can include a title and a price, a description, a product code, and a link to the product on its website;
- Each product has an image;
- You can share a link from the catalog in WhatsApp conversations.
Communicate With Colleagues Or Employees
WhatsApp Business is not just for communicating with customers. It is also a helpful way to stay in touch with employees. Messaging apps like WhatsApp are used by 79% of professionals for business communication.
The group chat feature allows you to send messages to up to 256 people at the same time. You can send PDFs and other documents via WhatsApp Business. Files can be up to 100MB.
Also Read: With These Tips For Successful Email Marketing In 2021
Networking With Other Professionals
Finally, you can use WhatsApp to communicate with other professionals in your sector. The app’s video calling tool can be used in a professional network, just like Zoom or Skype.
Beneficial is the synchronization of WhatsApp Business with the desktop application, which makes professional calls from the office computer possible.
As we have seen, WhatsApp Business is a simple tool with great potential, which professionals and companies can use to improve communication with their customers, expanding business opportunities.
Are you planning to integrate WhatsApp Business into your business strategy? If you already use this tool or would like to do so, please leave a comment.