How you interact with and treat your customers highly influences how high your sales will be. One of the most effective ways that companies can listen to their customers and interact with them is via customer feedback.
What Is Customer Feedback?
Customer feedback is traditionally described as any type of information that you receive directly from your clients. Customers let you know about their satisfaction levels, feelings, opinions, and thoughts about your company, products, or services through this information.
Through technology, there are different ways through which you can generate, capture, and collect customer feedback. Some of the most common customer feedback platform include;
- Online ratings and customer reviews
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Social media comments
- Comment cards
- Phone calls and emails
- Usability tests
- Customer roundtables and interviews
- Focus group discussions
Why Is Customer Feedback Important?
Through the information you get from customer feedback, you can understand the quality of the services you offer your customers. This way, you better understand what aspects of your products or services you can change or improve to improve customer satisfaction.
Customer feedback, for example, reviews and ratings, heavily influences new buyers and their decision to shop from your business.
Customer feedback is also a great way to communicate with your customers. By expressing their thoughts, opinions, and feelings, your customers feel more valued and involved with your business.
Most importantly, customer feedback is a great way for your company to get a positive reputation and create more brand awareness.
What A Customer Feedback System Does
Customer feedback systems help your business manage your customer feedback from multiple customer feedback platforms and channels. It also helps you gain data-driven perceptions that help you to better the general customer experience.
These days, customer feedback systems come as applications or software products. Some of the main features you will find in many customer feedback systems include;
- Customer experience analytics
- Voice of the customer
- Customer surveys plus feedback collection
- Multi-platform feedback system
- Review generation and review requests
If you want to get the best customer feedback system, ensure that it is insight-driven, engaging, and timely, like Podium.
Benefits Of Gathering Customer Feedback
While one of the main benefits of customer feedback is to help you improve your products and services, some other benefits you can get include;
- Improves customer experience and service – By listening to your customers, you can make improvements and changes in your business. That helps improve the experience of your customers as they shop from your company.
- Gives you more satisfied and loyal customers- When customers see that you listen to their feedback and make changes, they feel more appreciated and part of the company. That increases the chances of them making repeat purchases and recommending your business to other people.
- Lowers the cost of customer acquisition- Through customer feedback, you get to understand the preferences and behaviors of your customers. That way, you can tailor your products or services to meet their needs.
By doing that, your products and services speak for themselves, and you don’t have to do many ads to convince the customers to buy.
- Gives you a competitive advantage- Customers love shopping in businesses where they feel valued and appreciated.
By listening to their feedback, interacting with them, and tailoring your company based on the feedback, you have a better chance of winning more customers than a company that does not collect customer feedback.
With the continued growth of the marketing industry, customers have different sources of purchasing behavior, influence, and motivation. Before shopping, most customers read reviews, look at the ratings or listen to what other customers say about your company.