Pinterest is a social network that revolves around users’ interests: here is a straightforward guide that explains how to cancel your account quickly.
Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share and discover new interests by posting images or videos on their boards. Images are known as pins, hence the term pinning when a user shares an image on social media.
The photos you post can be yours or someone else’s and often forms a collection of pins, usually with a common theme. Pinterest users range from home décor and animal photos to fashion to concrete do-it-yourself-themed boards with hundreds of tutorials.
Pinterest: How The Pin Social Network Works
- To use Pinterest, you need to create an account. After completing the report creation, you can like users’ posts or create your own.
- Using a visual orientation, the social network focuses on a person’s lifestyle, allowing users to share their tastes and interests with others and discover those of similar people.
- Pinterest Lens stands out among the most exciting features, which allows users to discover ideas inspired by everything they see and point the Pinterest camera at an object to find tons of related pins and boards.
- Pinterest’s goal is to connect people worldwide through the things they find most interesting. Users can upload an image from their computer or add items they find on the Internet using the Pinterest bookmarklet.
- Users can perform normal social networking functions on Pinterest, as with most social networks. Among these, you can follow your friends, like and comment on other users’ boards, pin content to your boards, share other people’s media on Facebook or Twitter or via email, search and even embed individual pins to your website or blog.
Some Pinterest Numbers
- Pinterest’s exponential growth began in 2013. For the first time, Pinterest surpassed email and Facebook as a means of sharing. In 2020 the social network company reported that it had over 320 million monthly active users worldwide. To date, Pinterest data make it one of the world’s largest social networks on the Internet, placing it in fourteenth place for the number of global active users.
- The platform beats Twitter and Reddit but ranks alongside social media such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat.
- Despite the slight decline in the number of users in 2021, Pinterest’s revenue grew substantially over the same year. In a letter to shareholders, the company reported total revenue of $847 million in 2021, up from $706 million in 2020.
- The company’s revenue growth was driven by strong demand from retail advertisers.
How To Cancel A Pinterest Account
After some time on the platform, you may want to delete your account or create a new one permanently. The first step requires you to log in to Pinterest with your credentials. Once on the social network’s homepage, click on the V-shaped icon next to your profile picture at the top right. From the menu that appears, choose the Settings tab.
At this point, you will see a new screen containing several tabs on the Settings menu. The user can edit the information that other Pinterest users can view on the Public Profile tab. In Personal data, you can add characteristics such as being male, female, or non-binary, the country of origin, and the language.
By clicking on Improve the feed, you can change the preferences requested by the user during registration. Thanks to this information, the social network can offer increasingly relevant Content.
Verified Accounts allows you to enter a website where you can create verified pins.
Through the Social Permissions tab, users can change the default settings regarding mentions and comments. Notifications allow you to customize how you receive standard and push notifications, while Privacy and data will enable you to customize your search, data, and cookies.
In Access and security, you can link your Pinterest account to that of Facebook or Google to access more easily and quickly.
Finally, Branded Content gives you Access to Pinterest’s program that aims to connect creators and brands for sponsorship opportunities.
After having made an overview of the features offered by Pinterest Settings, click on the Account Management tab to proceed with the cancellation of the account.
Once the new window opens, go to the bottom of the page and click on Delete account.
You will be directed to a new page where Pinterest warns that if the user deletes the account, he will not be able to get back the pins saved up to that moment and the boards created. All profile data will be lost. Click on the Continue button.
At this point, the user will receive an email with the latest instructions for canceling the account on the email address used during registration. After following all the procedure steps, the account will be deleted.
Alternatively, you can also go to the Privacy and data tab and click the Clear data button next to Clear data and account.
Also Read: Create A Board On Pinterest