Google Wifi Reset: Who hasn’t heard about Google, the multinational technology company that primarily focuses on a wide range of things, including search engine technology, cloud technology, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, and electronic applications? One of the most potent brand names in the world, Google has been expanding its reach into many different streams of services that serve various purposes.
Some of the more well-known services that Google provides are the video streaming service YouTube, email services through Gmail, cloud services through Google cloud, and even navigation services through Google Maps. These are only a few, and there are many more that it has to offer, making it one of the most talked about companies.
What Is WiFi?
WIFI is a wireless network that lets one connect any compatible device to access connections to the internet. Internet connection often happens through a router modem, a device used to connect to any network by establishing a link.
The Wifi coverage offered by a router varies based on its price and efficiency. This often leads to less network coverage and doesn’t allow longer distances to be covered. Depending on the range and connection strength, the network may even have frequent disturbances, resulting in having to reconnect to the network.
What Is Google WiFi?
Google wifi is a home mesh Wi-Fi system that replaces a traditional router and intends to provide seamless and much more reliable Wi-Fi coverage throughout one’s home. However, it still requires an internet service provider as well as a modem which will be used to connect to the internet.
It is a rather popular appliance from the home Wi-Fi range by Google. Using Google wifi will provide users with a smoother and seamless experience allowing them to easily manage any innovative instrument used in their home with almost no disturbance.
It allows connecting and controlling any device with Wi-Fi access, making building an intelligent home easier and much more reliable. Another advantage of using Google wifi is that it prevents network lag caused by distance.
That is, it can provide a strong Wifi signal to anything in its vicinity, which otherwise would be a problem faced by regular-range routers. This is especially great for larger areas or houses that require a large area to be provided with the internet.
How Does Google Wifi Reset?
If in case of a security breach or any other issue that calls for you to factory reset your Google wifi, then you can follow the following steps:
The Google wifi reset button is essentially used to reset the device to factory mode; this specific function deletes all the current settings and presents data that might’ve been stored and the device returns to its state before being used. It is on the bottom of the device, with a circular shape.
- Slightly press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds; after doing this, the light will start flashing a yellow color. After a while, this will turn into a solid yellow color.
- What this does is that it starts the reset process. This process can take up to 10 minutes.
- Do not unplug the power cord connected to the device during this process.
- The device will show a white light color when the factory reset has been completed, and the Google wifi has been reset.
- After the Google Wifi Reset has been done, the device will still appear in the Google Home app, and all you have to do is remove the device and set up a new network from scratch again, as the data previously entered has been erased.
- Create a new network and setup and new points that you might require.
Another Way To Perform Google Wifi Reset Is Given Below:
- First, open the Google wifi app and click on the settings option given.
- Next, open the “Network & General” tab.
- Click on the “wifi points” tab that is shown under the network.
- Now click on the “Factory reset” option, then confirm it to reset your device.
What Does Being Bricked Mean?
Sometimes in a few cases, it has been observed that while trying to perform a Google Wifi Reset, some run into a relatively rare situation called being bricked. Essentially it refers to having your Google wifi somehow lose power and turn off while trying to reset it.
Again when it is powered back on, the light flashes blue for a while and then completely goes blank. However, there is a given way to fix this problem, that is:
- You need to ensure that your device is not plugged in; that is, it is unplugged and powered off. Also, ensure no cables are connected to it, even Ethernet cables.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the Google wifi point.
- Hold the button on the back, then turn on the wifi point by plugging it into a power outlet.
- At this point, the lights will turn white and flash blue. Let go of the button immediately when the light starts flashing blue.
- After this, the lights will turn off. Just don’t do anything and wait up to half an hour. The Google Wifi point is working in the background to fix the broken software.
- After about 20-30 minutes, the wifi point’s light will turn on solid blue and then start pulsing blue. The latter means that it is now ready for setup, and it has been fixed.
Hence, this is how one performs Google Wifi Reset to factory reset their Google wifi device, even when facing a few other related problems. If even this method fails, one might consider sending the machine back to get it fixed or ordering a replacement.